Words on PaperBy
Frank MaguireFor many hours, for many days
I sit and ponder so
I contemplate, deliberate
As my mind goes to and fro
Thinking what to write of you
To tell you how I feel
No words appear, from far or near
And no sentence can I steal
Paper lies upon the floor
Some old and some brand new
My minds a mess, I cant express
This love I have for you
Words appear and manifest
Which I try with you to share
But like yesterday, they fade away
As the meaning is not there
But I can express my love for you
In another way so true
Come night or day, in everyway
In most everything I do
I can show you how I feel my love
By deed or tender touch
My eyes reveal, the way I feel
That I love you oh so much
-----------------------------------------------
Destination No WhereBy
Miss Take, November 2008
Destination no where
your brain's new address
dark tunnel engulfs you
on the Alzheimer's express.
The smile on your face
that far away look in your eyes
living in the past
of days long gone by.
Feeling so alone
in a crowded room
hours run together
trapped in this tomb.
What do you think of
in your beautiful mind
searching faces for answers
that you'll never find.
Memory Lane calls
you walk down it each day
without leaving your chair
in your mind of decay.
Tomorrow will come
this same game you will play
forgetting we played it
only yesterday....
*Alzheimer's is a terrible illness for the sufferer but, having watched a loved one eventually die of this I have to say it's far worse on the family.
-------------------------------------------------
[Detail: the 3 poems below; 1st & 2nd is by the female, 3rd is by the male, they're a couple]
Special Someoneby
TheDevilHerselfSomeone has got a hold of me.
I wonder and wonder who it could be.
Someone makes my heart race.
Every day he puts a smile on my face.
Someone has made me fall head over heels.
But sometimes i wonder how my someone feels.
My wishes were granted when we first met.
The moments we share i'll never forget.
His personality i adore.
He gives me a feeling ive not felt before.
Someone makes me happy when im sad.
He makes the world seem not so bad.
Who is this someone you ask?
I'll tell you who
Rik, my special someone is YOU
Last Breathby
TheDevilHerselfAll is lost
got nothing to gain
every day is misery
filled with so much pain
Nothing to look forward to
just depression and regret
Everything is black
and every day so dead
Darkness and nothing
is all i am now
never thought this would happen
but it did somehow
Life used to be so good
so happy and so great
But now its just so empty
I think its time now for my fate
Put a gun to my head
jump off a bridge
swallow some pills
or put a knife to my wrist
As i make this decision
im feeling kinda glad
I'll no longer have to suffer
no longer have to be sad
So as i finish this verse
so close to me is death
tonight is when i die
Ive now taken my last breath...
Just wanted to say goodbyeby
TheDevilHimselfThe autumn colored leaves softly rustle under my feet
In the middle of the night as I walk down the street
I cross a lake that reflects the light of the lanterns
Waving up and down like an ancient torch that burns
I continue my walk through a nearby forest
More leaves rustle under my cold penetrated feet
I felt the north wind moving around my chest
It made the trees whisper making me depressed
Sometimes I saw the moon appearing above the trees
Sadly reflects the sunlight in the land like it has no choice
Suddenly the dominating silence broke of a noise
It was the screech of an owl sitting on a nearby branch
His eyes were clearly mirroring my appearance
He was staring at me like he gave me clearance
I carefully walk on the tips of my toe to pass by
While the thunderclouds slowly cover the sky
I feel the first drips falling down on my eyelashes
I Cant see a thing, not even when the thunder flashes
As the rain keeps falling down drip by drip
I started running when the first drop reached my lip
When I reached my destination the rain slowly fades away
Here I was at the middle of the graveyard surrounded by mist
I sadly walk to wards a grave and say "I always pray
To god my love, that you will come back to me and stay"
"I came here to tell you that I love you and I think about you"
I grasp the rose that I carried with me the whole time
And I lay down the rose on her grave as I talk to her
"You might be gone in the world but in my heart you're still mine"
"I just wanted to say goodbye to you my love
And hope that you are watching me now from above"
I stand up and turn around when the thunder strikes
Through the dark misty grave yard and leaves me motionless behind
---------------------------------------------------------------
Just had a spur of the moment to browse through poems.
"简单的快乐就是幸福"
12:14 AM